Monday, November 17, 2008

Another day in St. John


Well today has been kind of a lazy day for me.. the sunburn is definitely a downer.. The latest catastrophe was discovering that Grace's snorkel mask was AWOL.. big bummer. Since of course it was brand new, and it wasn't cheap..and she just got excited about learning to snorkel! So our first stop was back to Trunk Bay where we asked if anyone turned it in to Lost & Found (of course not) and retraced our steps but, alas, the mask was gone.. We must have dropped it somewhere between the beach and the Jeep. So Grace was sad and I was mad (I hate losing things)..We remedied the situation by SHOPPING! We found a shop that sold snorkel gear, a nice woman named Gladys helped us out (she was charmed by Grace) and gave us a 10% discount.. Even though it's not the exact shade of pink (Grace told her "My mask is DARK pink") it's otherwise perfect and Grace is at the beach right now with Becky trying it out. I also found a new Dakine bag (hey, it's my birthday tomorrow) and some cool T-shirts for some of our favorite kids back home and a Billabong dress for Grace.. Then we headed to the Beach Bar for lunch- a very healthy plate of nachos and two frozen cocktails...Then I got a stomachache.(hmm, wonder why?) Becky paid for her scuba trip on Thursday at the dive shop and we headed back home. Grace and I hung out (she watched Cinderella) back at the villa, while Becky got some alone time at the beach..Then Becky came back and picked up Grace so she could get some beach time in (the girl is a water baby that's for sure!).. Not sure where dinner will be tonight.. or what I am going to do tomorrow for my birthday...pondering the options...

No comments: